Yiwu City in China is home to the largest small commodity wholesale market in the world.
The markets cover an area of 4 million square meters, more than 3 times the area of the exhibition space at Canton Fair in Guangzhou. In fact, Yiwu markets are more like a permanent fair than a traditional wholesale market. The exhibition halls are spacious, clean and well laid out. You can choose from 100,000 suppliers who offer 400,000 kinds of products everyday from 9 a.m. till 5 p.m. (except for one week during the Chinese New Year).
Yiwu is especially interesting for those buyers who buy many different products in smaller quantities. In Yiwu, you can order a smaller quantity but still get a better price than in the factory.The reason for this surprising fact is simple: in Yiwu the combined volume of orders is huge and the competition is fierce.
The following are the main markets in Yiwu :
- Artificial flowers market
- Christmas supplies market
- Umbrellas and Raincoats market
- Stationery market (ball pens, fountain pens, advertising pens, pencils, erasers, pen boxes, files…)
- Sport and Leisure market
- Watches and Eyeglasses market
- Hardware and Tools market
- Kitchenware and Bathroom/ sanitary ware market
- Toys market
- Candles market
- Auto parts & Accessories market
- Cosmetics market
- Home Decoration and Arts & crafts market (gifts and souvenirs made of glass/wood/metal, 3D crystal items, beads…)
- Fashion jewelry market (rings, earrings, necklaces, hairpins, bracelets, ankle bracelets, toe rings, tattoos, artificial locks, wigs…)
- Mobile phones accessories market (mobile phones boxes, parts, cordons, ornaments…)
- Small home appliances
- Small electronic products market (FM radios, voice recorders, CD/VCD/DVD/MP3 players, earphones, microphones…)
- Bags and Suitcases market (PU and leather handbags, suitcases, belts, wallets…)
- Shoes and Hats market
- Fabric and Textile market (underwear, socks, neckties, towels, lace items, wool items…)